It’s that time of year again…spring cleaning!
In most condominiums, this maintenance will fall under the owner’s responsibility:
- Change the batteries on all smoke detectors, including carbon monoxide detectors.
- Change your HVAC filter
- Clean your dryer vent at least once a year
- Clean your exhaust fan filter under your range hood
- Check your water heater for any signs of corrosion, and have it repaired if necessary
- Look for any signs of leaks under sinks and around toilets.
Maintenance responsibilities vary by association. Even though the majority of exterior maintenance of your condo is most likely the responsibility of your association, there are things that you as an owner can do:
- Prep your air conditioning for spring and summer by hiring a professional to check your system and perform a tune-up. In most condos, the HVAC systems are the sole responsibility of the owner.
- Check your outdoor water fixtures for leaks.
- Patios/balconies should be swept, scrubbed and cleaned.
- For condos with rear yards, the owner is responsible for keeping up with the maintenance.
For over 20 years, Huron Shores Property Management has specialized in managing condominium complexes across Southwestern Ontario from Windsor to London.
Looking to hire a professional condominium management company in Windsor Essex? Contact us for a no-obligation consultation meeting today.